Protecting your private information is our priority. This Statement of Privacy applies to kanban.university and edu.kanban.university (the Site) and governs data collection and usage. By using the Kanban University website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement for the lines of business under the Kanban University and Mauvius Group Inc.
To ask any questions about our data protection compliance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collection and use of your personal information
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain products or services available on the Site; this is for the purposes explained in the section “How we use your personal data”:
Personal Information you voluntarily provide to us
May include name, username, email address (work and/or personal), postal address, telephone number(s), job title, billing information, company details, professional credentials, and any interests, preferences, photos, and answers you give us when:
- you register for a class offered directly by Kanban University
- you register for an event organized directly by Kanban University
- you sign into or update your alumni profile page on the Kanban University website
- you subscribe to our newsletters
- you purchase or download a product or service directly from our websites
- you inquire or contact directly to Kanban University regarding our products, services, or events
- you participate in our community services by contributing content to blogs, workspaces, forums, or webinars
- you click on or reply to any of our surveys, marketing outreach mailings, webinars, or other content
- you visit our websites or interact with our marketing communications, and you are tracked by cookies or similar technologies
Personal Information provided to us by Accredited Kanban Trainers
Name, email address (work and/or personal), plus the class title, class dates, and class locations of Kanban University (KU) classes you completed. This is information that you provided to a Kanban University Accredited Kanban Trainer (AKT) when you signed up to take KU certified Kanban training classes. AKT’s get student consent to submit this information to Kanban University for the purposes of issuing class certificates and credentials to you.
If you do not give consent to the Kanban University Accredited Kanban Trainer to submit this personal data to Kanban University, you will still be counted (anonymously) as a student of the class but no KU certificate, credential, or other verification will be provided to you. The Accredited Kanban Trainer may require consent as a condition of participation in the KU certified Kanban class.
Information collected automatically
When you visit or use our websites, or interact with our marketing communications, we automatically collect certain information from you, including:
- geo-location data
- operating system and browser type
- browser language
- access times
- application version, platform, and settings
- URL of the website you visited before browsing our websites
- time you spent on each page visited
- URLs of the pages you visited on our websites
- IP address used to connect your computer or mobile device to the internet
- other information about your use of and actions on our websites, including:
- When visitors leave comments on the site or submit a contact form, we collect the data shown in the form, and the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- If you upload images to the website, including your user profile, comments forms, contact forms, etc., you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- Our security software analyzes IP address, location, and behavior data, and may send information to site administrators. To check login activity and potentially block fraudulent attempts, the following information is used: attempting user’s IP address, attempting user’s email address/username, and all IP-related HTTP headers attached to the attempting user.
- We maintain an activity log that tracks login attempts/actions, post and page update and publish actions, comment/pingback submission and management actions, plugin and theme management actions, widget updates, user management actions, and the modification of other various site settings and options. Information collected may include user email address, user role, user login, user display name, user ID, the activity to be recorded, and the timestamp of the activity. Some activities may also include the actor’s IP address and user agent.
- To process comment likes, the following information is used: user ID/username (for logged in users), the local site-specific user ID, and a true/false data point that tells us if the user liked a specific comment. Depending on the device used to access the site, we may also collect IP address, user agent, timestamp of event, blog ID, browser language, country code, and device info.
We use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web server. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you fill out a form on our website, a cookie helps us to recall your specific information on subsequent visits, saving you from having to input the same information again.
You can accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Kanban University services or websites you visit.
For more information on cookies and how to manage them, please visit this Informational Cookies Page
How we use your personal data
We use your personal data provided to us by affiliated trainers to:
- issue class certificates and credentials
- send an email to notify you how to access your certificates and credentials, the single notification email may contain related offers for class alumni
- automatically create a Kanban University alumni website account and profile page
- to compile reports and to help us understand and improve our services (personal data is anonymized in reports, so it is not personally identifiable)
We do not use your personal data provided to us by affiliated trainers to solicit you with offers for products and services unless you consent to receive news and offers directly from Kanban University.
For information that is provided directly to Kanban University by you, we may use your personal data for any or all the following purposes:
- to provide a high level of customer service, including assisting with any of your inquiries, purchases, or registrations, and to notify you of details and any changes to courses or events you have registered for
- to help operate, maintain, and improve our offerings
- to communicate with you about our offers, promotions, upcoming events, classes, webinars, reviews, and other news or those of our selected partners
- to facilitate profiling, segmentation, and personalization (these may be based on location, preferences, interests, and past actions, including previous course or event purchases)
- to meet our legal obligations, and for establishing, exercising, or defending our legal rights
- to compile anonymized reports and to help us understand and improve our services
You can change or update your marketing communication preferences from the link at the bottom of our marketing emails, or you may email us directly at email@example.com to request changes or removal of your personal data.
Law, Harm, and the Public Interest
Mergers and Change of Ownership
Display of Kanban University class alumni information
When an KU Accredited Kanban Trainer submits your personal data for the purpose of issuing a class certificate or credential, you are automatically set up as a “member” of Kanban University: KU Class Alumni with an account on the Kanban University website.
If the affiliated trainer communicates to us that a class was “public” and not private, then your alumni profile page will be publicly viewable by anyone (unless “hidden” as described below). Your automatically created KU Alumni profile page displays:
- Your full name, as submitted by the class instructor
- The class(es) you attended, including class name, class type, date, location, instructor
- Your digital class certificate of completion and your digital credential
- Any additional information that you have added including a bio or photo
In addition to the profile page, your full name (and photo if you chose to upload a photo) will be displayed in the KU Alumni directory on the KU website and on the class page for each class you attended. This is publicly viewable by anyone. You are also findable through the search feature on the KU Class Alumni webpages.
A trainer has the option to set a public class to Private Group Visibility, meaning that the class will only be visible to students of that class when they are logged into their KU alumni accounts.
If the KU affiliated trainer indicates that the class was “private” rather than public, the class will only be visible to members of the class when they are logged in to their Kanban University website account. The class page, the student profile pages for that class, and the student listings (for that class) in the KU Alumni directory will not be visible to anyone else. The class details and the class attendees are only visible to attendees of that class, the class instructor, and the Kanban University administrators, when logged in to the KU website.
Hidden student status
Upon request, your KU Class Alumni student information can be “hidden”. This means that even if the class is “public”, the student will be invisible to anyone but themselves, the class instructor, and Kanban University administrators. This would enable you to still have a class certificate and credentials that you can access but no one else could see your student profile page or your name in the KU Class Alumni directory listing.
Managing your class alumni data
To request your student account be set to “hidden” status, or that your student account is deleted entirely, please email firstname.lastname@example.org Note that deleting your student data will delete any previously created class certificates or credentials.
Search engine findability
Each Class Alumni profile page and certificate is blocked from pick up by search engines. However, your listing in the broader KU Alumni directory, or the class page, may appear in an internet search.
Retention of personal information
How long your collected personal information is kept depends on the purposes of the processing.
- We will retain the personal data that you provide to us when you purchase our products or services if there is a mutual business relationship or commercial interest and you do not request their deletion. Afterward, we will retain your personal data where we have an ongoing legitimate business need, complying with legal retention periods, enforcing contracts, or resolving disputes.
- If you have chosen to receive personalized marketing communications from us, we will retain information about your marketing preferences derived from the information you provide to us and from cookies and other tracking technologies, if you do not request their deletion.
- If you have subscribed to our Newsletter your data will be retained until you request their deletion. You can unsubscribe at any time through a link that you will find in the footer of our emails.
- We will delete any information from the servers immediately when requested, as described in “Reviewing, Correcting and Removing Your Personal Information”.
If you want further information about our retention periods, please contact us at email@example.com.
Third party websites, Social Media networks, Advertising
Kanban University does not sell, rent, or lease its customer lists to third parties.
We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We secure the personal information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment. When sensitive personal information, such as a credit card number and/or geo-location data, is collected on our websites and/or transmitted to other websites, it is protected using encryption such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. Data compiled in reports is anonymized.
Our websites and emails may contain links to third-party apps, services, tools, and websites that are not affiliated with, controlled, or managed by us (including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Twitter) and these services and links may also include social networking features (such as the Facebook “Like” button and widgets, “Share” buttons, and other interactive mini programs).
We partner with third party networks such as Google Analytics and Google AdWords to manage our advertising and may serve you ads on other websites based on your interests. You can opt out of seeing Kanban University ads on those specific websites.
- Google Analytics – collects information about how visitors use our websites
- Google AdWords – collects information about how visitors interact with our ads
We store and process your data on third party services including hosting services, file storage, databases and other services not run by Kanban University. We have verified that all the third-party Data Processor services we use to store your data are GDRP-compliant. Additional Third-Party Services and Websites We Use:
International access of Information
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Our Global Operations and Privacy Shield Principles
To bring you our services, we operate globally. Where the laws of your country allow you to do so, you authorize us to transfer, store, and use your data in the United States and any other country where we operate. In some of the countries to which we transfer personal data, the privacy and data protection laws and rules regarding when government authorities may access data may vary from those of your country. When we transfer personal data outside of the European Union or EFTA States, we ensure an adequate level of protection for the rights of data subjects based on the adequacy of the receiving country’s data protection laws or EU-US Privacy Shield principles.
Kanban University complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield principles (the “Principles”) regarding the collection, use, sharing, and retention of personal data from the European Union, as described in our EU-US Privacy Shield certification. If you have a Privacy Shield-related complaint, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of our participation in Privacy Shield, if you have a dispute with us about our adherence to the Principles, we will seek to resolve this through our internal complaint resolution process, alternatively through the independent dispute resolution body JAMS, and under certain conditions, through the Privacy Shield binding arbitration process.
Privacy Shield participants are subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the US Federal Trade Commission and other authorized statutory bodies. Under certain circumstances, participants may be liable for the transfer of personal data from the EU to third parties outside the EU. Learn more about the EU-US Privacy Shield here.
Reviewing, Correcting and Removing Your Personal Information
We aim to send you content and information that is relevant and engaging, in accordance with the preferences you have expressed when interacting with us. Upon request, Kanban University will provide you with information about whether we hold any personal information about you. If you provide us with your personal information, you have the following rights with respect to that information:
- to review the personal data that you have supplied to us
- to request that we correct any errors, outdated information, or omissions in personal data that you or our affiliates have supplied to us
- to request that your personal data not be used to contact you
- to request that your personal data be removed from any solicitation list that we use
- to request that your personal data be deleted from our records
- to opt out of being solicited by Kanban University
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com or by mail to Kanban University, 1570 W Armory Way, Ste 101, #188, Seattle, Washington 98119 United States, Attention: Privacy Compliance.
You may, at any time, unsubscribe from our marketing communications entirely by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of our emails. We will respond to your request to change, correct, or delete your information within a reasonable timeframe.
Please note that you cannot opt out of receiving transactional emails relating to a training course you have purchased, a specific inquiry you have made with us, or an offer that you signed up for.
If you request that all your personal data be deleted from Kanban University records, this will nullify and delete any of your previously created Kanban University class certificates and credentials. The only way prior class certificates and credentials can be restored will be to work through the Kanban University Accredited Kanban Trainer to re-submit your personal data to Kanban University, with your consent, for the applicable class(es).
If you have any comments or questions, please contact us at our US office: Kanban University, 1570 W Armory Way, Ste 101, #188, Seattle, Washington 98119 United States of America, Attention: Privacy Compliance; or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Changes to this policy
We may, from time to time, make changes to this policy. Please make sure you visit this page for the most up-to-date policy. The current version of this policy has been revised in February 2022 and is compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).