Learn to Design Kanban Systems
With Kanban, we start by developing and visualizing a joint understanding of the current way of working. We look at how things are working and where there are sources of dissatisfaction. Then, improvements are identified and introduced. The Kanban System Design course provides the foundational background of The Kanban Method and then guides the students through the process of understanding their systems so they can design an appropriate Kanban system to meet their needs. By understanding the core concepts of The Kanban Method, you will be able to design a Kanban system to improve visibility, communication, and collaboration within your team.
Is Kanban System Design the Right Course for Me?
If you will be directly involved in designing and managing a Kanban system, you will certainly want to take the Kanban System Design course. You may still want to take the Team Kanban Practitioner course first if you feel that you are very new to Kanban and to Kanban concepts. It really depends on your starting point and goals.
If you currently work with teams that have “plateaued” and aren’t improving, this course will help you to design visualizations that show where improvement opportunities exist.
Not Quite Sure Where to Start? Contact Us!
What You Will Leave With
- Understand the basics, motivation, and benefits of The Kanban Method.
- Experience flow in a simulation of a Kanban system.
- Learn how to run the Kanban meetings to focus on the work and allow the team to organize around it.
- Build and design a Kanban system using the STATIK approach.
- Become faster and more responsive, with better risk management and governance.
- Understand “Pull” systems and how they help reduce overburdening.
- Learn how to utilize key metrics such as Lead Time, Run Charts, and Cumulative Flow Diagrams to make continuous improvements.
In person two day course or 16 hour virtual course.
Attendees are expected to have read “Kanban” by David J Anderson or “Kanban from the Inside” by Mike Burrows. Get your copy here!
Kanban University Certified Training
Participants will receive a certificate of completion for the Kanban System Design course. Students completing this course and the Kanban Systems Improvements course receive the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) credential.