Get Started with Kanban!
The Kanban Method is a knowledge work management method for teams and organizations that want a humane way of improving their products and services. The Kanban Method teaches organizations how to understand, visualize, and measure systems of work to continually improve and consistently deliver effective results. The Team Kanban Practitioner course is the best first step for getting the work organized by teams and leaders like you. By understanding the core concepts of The Kanban Method and educating individual contributors to be “good Kanban citizens,” you will improve visibility, communication, and collaboration within your team.
Is Team Kanban Practitioner the Right Course For Me?
If you are a member of a team or a leader who wants to understand the key concepts in Kanban, the Team Kanban Practitioner course is a great place to get started! More experienced practitioners may feel comfortable jumping straight into the Kanban System Design course. It really depends on your starting point and goals.
If you will be directly involved in designing and managing a Kanban system, you will certainly want to take the Kanban System Design course. You may still want to take the Team Kanban Practitioner course first if you feel that you are very new to Kanban and to Kanban concepts.
In person one day course or eight hour virtual course.
All experience levels are welcome! No previous Kanban training or experience is required.
Participants will receive a certificate of completion as well as the Team Kanban Practitioner (TKP) credential.
Learn the Six General Practices of the Kanban Method
- Visualize – Show work and its flow.
- Limit Work in Progress – Stop starting, start finishing!
- Manage Flow – Identify and manage what is preventing work from flowing.
- Make policies explicit – Have agreed policies, visible to everyone involved.
- Establish Feedback loops – At the right cadence to provide guidance.
- Improve collaboratively, evolve experimentally – Using the scientific method.
Learn the Three Change Management Principles
- Start where you are!
- Agree to pursue evolutionary change.
- Acts of leadership at all levels.
What You Will Leave With
- Understand the basics, motivation, and benefits of the Kanban Method for your team.
- Experience the benefit of WIP limits to improve flow.
- Learn how to run Kanban meetings to focus on the work and allow the team to organize around it.
- Learn how to proceed to the next level with Kanban and apply the first practices in your day-to-day work.
- Become faster and more responsive, with better risk management and governance.
- Understand “Pull” systems and how they help reduce overburdening.
- Learn how to track System Lead Time to build and utilize Lead Time distributions.