Learn and implement the Kanban Method in Legal Services!
The legal services industry is going through an accelerated and highly complex transformation. Despite the speed of changes over the last decades, lawyers and professionals in the legal sector are still anchored in traditional work management structures and leadership styles.
Incorporating organizational agility means changing the way things are done to generate different results for all stakeholders. To create agile legal teams and organizations that are resilient and capable of reinventing themselves to provide sustainable, competitive, and modern legal services, it is necessary to promote a new culture, new management structures, and new leadership models based on fundamental values.
Kanban is a Management method that is built upon respect for all, enabling you to start from where you are now and is focused on improvement through the evolutionary introduction of specific practices, allowing the development of agility to generate outstanding business results.
Applying Kanban in legal teams and organizations offers a new way to design, manage, and deliver legal services focusing on understanding and satisfying the business and client needs, while enabling a human approach to change that minimizes or avoids resistance.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- All legal services professionals
Lawyers and legal services professionals needing to carry out and manage work in a balanced and sustainable manner, reducing overload, prioritizing correctly, increasing efficiency, and improving professional and personal satisfaction.
- Legal Operations, Project, and Team Managers
Those who need to make management decisions safely (up & down managing), improve communication, accompany and lead the team, empower people and facilitate self-organization to provide reliable, predictable, and fast services, based on data and foster continuous collaborative improvement.
- Business owners and partners
Those responsible for the future of the legal service business needing to develop real leadership that allows the development of a business strategy in an agile way and are positioned as market leaders by building resilient organizations capable of reinventing themselves.
What You Will Learn
- The Origins and integrations of the Kanban Method and the relationship with Lean, Agile Methodologies, and Legal Project Management.
- The three level Motivations to apply the Method: Sustainability, Customer Orientation, and Survivability.
- The Values to promote evolutionary change management and Agile culture for better business results.
- The Principles of Change Management and Service Delivery to develop different ways of work.
- The six Practices of the Kanban Method and the basic concepts applied to legal services.
- Design Kanban boards at different levels and design the Tickets to manage tasks.
- To run the three basic Meetings that will allow teams to improve workflow efficiency.
- The Key Metrics to understand the system results, anticipating and mitigating risks to evolve.
- The keys to a successful implementation with the Kanban Maturity Model.
Two-day in-person or 16-hour virtual course.
All experience levels are welcome! No previous Kanban training or experience is required.
Kanban University Certified Training
Participants will receive a certificate of completion as well as the Legal Kanban Practitioner (LKP) credential.